Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Concealed Carry Permit...You just never know when the occasion demands one.

You may go a lifetime without ever having a need to have a concealed weapon permit but then there's that once in a lifetime moment...   Aren't you glad you did?

Narrative and video cross-posted from AWD

71 YEAR OLD MAN WITH LEGAL GUN... TWO 19 YEAR OLD THUGS WITH ILLEGAL GUNS

WRITTEN BY KANSAS GUN GIRL
Every once-in-a-while I hear about a news story that makes me smile. Earlier this week, 71-year-old Samuel Williams was minding his own business in an Internet cafe in Florida, when a couple of mask wearing, 19-year-old thugs entered through the front door with one of them waving a gun. Williams wasted no time in pulling out his .380 caliber semi-automatic handgun and foiled the intentions of these guys. Once he fired a shot, the two tough guy criminals tripped all over themselves in an attempt to get away. Williams managed to hit them both and they were arrested a short time later.
Of the 30 plus people in the cafe, not one of them were injured. Had Williams not been a legal concealed weapons holder its likely the outcome would have been different. Whatcha want to bet that every single one of the people in the cafe now support concealed carry? This is just another example that shows it is the person behind the gun, and not the gun itself, that makes the difference.
For all of you that haven’t seen a reason to get your concealed carry permit, this might be a good time to consider it. Lets review some possible options if you find yourself in this scenario. You could throw your hands in the air and hope the criminals have mercy on you. I’m not sure what the percentages are for success with this one, but whatever they are – it’s too weighted in the bad guys favor for me. You could whip out your cell phone and call a cop! Please don’t tell me you really think that is a good option! Get real! You are dealing with a couple of criminals who feel comfortable enough to burst into a store waving a gun, all for a few dollars. You need help then, not when someone has time to come save you. Think I’ll pass on this option. Or, you can whip out your own, legal concealed weapon and take care of it right then. Yeah, I think I’ll stick with this option.
I’ve heard it said a million times that a gun is a great equalizer. As a female, I would have had about the same fate trying to go up against a couple 19-year-old boys as this 71-year-old man. It would have been no match. But with my Glock 17 tucked safely in my IWB, I’m covered. I have never had to pull my gun in a situation, and I hope I never have to, but I can tell you that there is something very comforting know that I can take care of myself.
Just in case you think this is a random situation, think again. We are living in a crazy world. Just a quick scan of the news this week and you have a flash mob of hundreds show up at a Wal Mart in another Florida city. After they vandalized the inside of the store, they fired a few gun shots as they left the parking lot. Of course, you could always go to safe Toronto where they are heavy in the gun control department. Much safer! Right? Wrong. 2 dead and 21 injured after a street party. Then you have the guy who entered a bar in Alabama and injured 17 people. All of these incidents happened in the last two days.
Seems to me like it’s a good time to make your own personal safety plan.
Here’s our hero in action!

*** ***

No comments: