Saturday, August 4, 2012

The shark decided I wasn't tasty...and he let me go...after I kicked him in the teeth!

Source: Boston Herald
Man attacked by shark really put his foot down‘I kicked its teeth and it let me go’
By O’Ryan Johnson

A Denver man chewed by a great white shark Monday vowed he will take to the waters off Ballston Beach on Cape Cod again — but maybe with a bit more care. “It’s my favorite beach in the world, and I’m sure I’ll be back swimming,” said Christopher Myers, 50, of Denver. “I think I’ll stick a little closer to the shore.” Myers and his 16-year-old son, J.J., were headed to a sandbar 400 yards offshore Monday afternoon, when they decided it was too far and headed back. Just then the shark struck. “It felt like something very heavy had a very hard grip on my leg,” he said. “I didn’t feel pain from the lacerations. I’m not quite sure it pulled me under. Some people said they saw my head go under. I don’t remember that.” Myers said the shark grabbed his left foot, and he kicked with his free right foot at what he believes was the creature’s snout. “I’ve got a lot of lacerations on my right foot where I kicked at it, and I imagine I kicked its teeth and it let me go,” he said. “I imagine it must have been the snout I was kicking.” ...see full story here

No comments: