Saturday, February 8, 2014

Military Working Dog...always on watch, even at the airport

Source:
Military Working Dog Protects Handler During  Airport Stopover ~
Soldiers need a break just like anyone else.  But if you're traveling with all that extra combat gear its nice to have a buddy watch all your stuff while you catch a little shut-eye.  ~ Norman E. Hooben
Side note: I can't help but what this image brings back memories.  During my twenty-one year career with the United States Air Force Veterinary Services I had the privilege of having two tours of duty at the Military Working Dog Center at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas.  In my later years I taught first-aid, infectious diseases, and parasitology to the incoming student dog handlers.

1 comment:

Findalis said...

It's more comfortable than a cold floor.