Wednesday, October 29, 2014

California here I go...

I once lived in California...correction, I lived there twice but never longer than two years in a row.  It was every body's Uncle Sam that sent me there during my military career.  Spend a long enough time in most any branch of the military services and you're bound to see California at least once or twice if only for a visit before departing somewhere over the Pacific.  When I was a kid I heard that oft repeated line from a song, "California, here I come Right back where I started from..." but never remembered all the lyrics that over the years had been recorded by numerous artists including the likes of Al Jolson and Ray Charles.  Yes, the land of fruits and nuts was a huge attraction for many generations of Americans.  They moved there in droves during the dust-bowl times of Oklahoma and even during the best of times in other areas.  "Go west young man." was more than an inspiration, it was a wishful dream for many.  But the first line of the song, California Dreamin' would foretell of the demise yet to come, "All the leaves are brown and the sky is gray."  Sounds dismal to me!
Whatever made California the place-to-be would soon be run by the most weirdest of all political hacks the world has ever seen.  Boxer, Pelosi, Feinstein, Brown and God only knows the wierdo's in the state house have turned California into the place-not-to-be.  And so it's no longer, "California here I come."  It's California here I go! ~ Norman E. Hooben

I found the following over at Cap'n Bob and the Damsel...it pretty much describes the current California climate.


Exiting California
Posted by Cap'n Bob
We are now completely disassociated with Kalifornistan, save for our friends and relatives there. We will go back for visiting purposes, but our money and property will be elsewhere.
And, we’re not the only ones leaving the formerly Golden State. Millions of retirees, like us, are out of there. Plus, businesses and manufacturing jobs are moving. The Lisa Benson cartoon above adds some snark, but a very good article by Daniel J. Mitchell links the changes in California to a steady flow of jobs to Texas and other places.
From Townhall.com:
Much of my writing is focused on the real-world impact of government policy, and this is why I repeatedly look at the relative economic performance of big government jurisdictions and small government jurisdictions.
But I don’t just highlight differences between nations. Yes, it’s educational to look at North Korea vs. South Korea or Chile vs. Venezuela vs. Argentina, but I also think you can learn a lot by looking at what’s happening with different states in America.
So we’ve looked at high-tax states that are languishing, such as California and Illinois, and compared them to zero-income-tax states such as Texas.
With this in mind, you can understand that I was intrigued to see that even the establishment media is noticing that Texas is out-pacing the rest of the nation.
[More]

No comments: