Monday, November 3, 2014

America is in Jeopardy

 by Norman E. Hooben
 
For all the channels television has to offer there's very few that I watch on a regular basis...and I live at two locations; one with satellite television and the other with a cable subscription.  In my opinion the cable subscription has it all over the satellite thing which is a complete waste of money for from my wallet.  But I'm not here to talk about the pros and cons of one system versus the other.  More often than naught I try to watch the quiz show Jeopardy; it has to have some of the smartest contestants in the world.  A highlight of any show is when I give myself an 'atta-boy'  for knowing the question to the answer (contestants have to precede their answer in the "What is... or Who is..." format), especially if the contestant has not responded.  It never ceases to amaze me the broad categories that the contestants have knowledge of...world history, ancient history, opera, popular music, mathematics, science, medicine, politics, current events and the list goes on but I'll stop right their; politics and current events. 
Whatever the category was tonight does not matter.  What matters was the correct response from any one of the three participants.  The wording was very clear such that I gave myself an 'atta-boy' for the correct response to two of Alex Trebec's (the show's moderator) questions.  But that's not the point.
The point is none of the contestants knew Leon Panetta or General Petraeus.  Give me a break!  The smartest people in the world and they did not know!  I bet these people vote, and if the do, we're in big trouble.  Jeopardy to say the least!  Anyone that is eligible to vote should at least know what is going on within their government.  The two people mentioned above have been in the news and have played major roles in the game of politics in the last six or more years.  And when un-informed voters vote the game will soon be over and it won't end with some prize for the smartest but a surprise for the dumbest!

Meanwhile, I was a poll watcher on more than one occasion so I have witnessed  some of the corrupt practices that go on at the voting precinct.  What concerns me most about this is that none or very few of the people involved with the corruption get any punishment...and the corruption continues.  I once hung up the phone on a corrupt judge who would not come down to the polling place.  Long story short... I told her to get down here and do her job.  She never showed up.  Then there's any number of video's on YouTube and elsewhere that captures corrupt practices.  "Caught on camera.", so the saying goes! 
I got this one from BizPac Review:


The guerilla journalists at James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas Action have done it again, using undercover video expose an election system in North Carolina where voter fraud is virtually the normal way of doing business.
In a video released Thursday, a Project Veritas investigator posed as an illegal immigrant who’d mistakenly been able to register to vote under President Obama’s 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, a sweeping presidential directive that granted some illegal aliens the right to stay in the country without fear of deportation. ...continue reading here

No comments: