Thursday, January 26, 2017

Madeleine Albright Not All-Right

Provided Storm'n Norm'n

Madeleine Albright: “I'm Ready to Register as Muslim.
Source: Haaretx.com

Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright showed solidarity Wednesday with American Muslims as fears rise over President Trump's executive actions on immigration. Albright wrote she is prepared to "register as Muslim" in the event that Trump creates a Muslim registry in the United States.
Former United States Secretary of State Madeleine Albright

"I was raised Catholic, became Episcopalian & found out later my family was Jewish. I stand ready to register as Muslim in #solidarity," Albright tweeted.
 
Albright joins ADL director Jonathan Greenblatt who said in November he would register as Muslim if a registry was created. "The day they create a registry for Muslims is the day that I register as a Muslim because of my Jewish faith, because of my commitment to our core American values, because I want this country to be as great as it always has been," Greenblatt told the AFP.
Some 1,300 workers in the tech industry vowed not to take part in building a database of Muslims if asked to do so. Companies such as Apple, Google and Uber have also pledged not to work with the Trump administration on any kind of registry, despite high-profile meetings between Trump and Silicon Valley executives in December 2016
Provided by Storm'n Norm'n
 

No comments: